Exporting from Japan

Japan Customs guide to Consumption Tax Exemption

1. Begin by contacting a Customs Broker as well as a Freight Forwarder to learn about the process and to get advice on how to transport your equipment from our location.

2. Buy the equipment that you need at the JSA auction.

3. Hire a Freight Forwarder and Customs Broker from the recommended list below for all your transportation needs.

4. Provide JSA with export information as well as the names of the companies that will be taking care of transporting your equipment.

5. Please provide the original export documents to the JSA auction site including:

  • Bill of Lading – must specify lot numbers and serial numbers
  • Export Certificate of Customs

All export documents must state Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (Japan) K.K.as the shipper of record for tax exemption.

Please take note that once the equipment is sold on auction day, it is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure all processes are completed.

For more information, please contact our auction site by:



Import and Export Agencies



+81.3.6263.0862 (Fax)


Shinwa Kigyo Co Ltd




Tomkinson Global Logistics / Vancombe K.K

Japan contact


Craig: +81 90. 6107.4975

Australia /New Zealand contact


Darren: +61 415.127.455

Trinh Shipping Company Limited

Customs Clearance and Freight Specialists

Japanese contact: Matsuo san:

Chinese contact: Ye Zhi Xia:

All other regions contact: Mr. Trinh:
+84 9 3327 7388



Import and Export Agency

Please contact our Beijing office for more information